Hi. I'm Tara. I help performing artists build their audiences and their careers by developing custom websites, logos and designs for them.
About my work
The most important thing I do is guide artists through the vast, confusing landscape of modern web design and branding. I work primarily with independent dance artists, dance companies, or studios who need websites, logos and design.
Want to know more? Read about...
- ...putting your work online
- ...how much a website costs
- ...about setting ABCD goals (and what an ABCD goal even is)
- ...about using social media without losing your soul
What I actually do
- Build websites in Drupal and WordPress
- Design print products - business cards, postcards, t-shirts, and more
- Create logos
- Clarify your arts-career goals
- Devise budget-friendly solutions for your web & print needs
- Add useful tools to your existing website
- Clean up website messes
- Create custom templates & themes
- Copywrite and edit your words
Click here for more about my services.
A brief history
A few steps on the timeline to becoming a choreographer/web developer:
Twenty-six years ago, I took my first dance class: a combo jazz/tap/gymnastics class in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Twelve years ago, I started working as a print designer while getting my degree at Macalester College.
Ten years ago, I co-founded a collaborative, award-winning dance company called Mad King Thomas.
Five years ago, I started building websites for myself and other artists.
Two years ago, I started splitting my time between making art and helping other artists figure out the internet. And I ain't looking back.
I believe that the performing arts are important but undervalued. I believe that a good website shares your work with a much larger audience, increases your visibility and ideally even improves your bottom line. I want to work together to make your art live online as well as off. I believe dancers and choreographers deserve thoughtful, innovative approaches to their design problems, to match their thoughtful, innovative work.